If you are looking for a way to get back into shape without feeling extreme discomfort in your first days, consider using a recumbent exercise bike. With this type of equipment, you can assume a more laid-back reclining position and will have an evenly distributed weight riding it. Or if you are looking for an upgrade, you can always go for a recumbent exercise bike.
Making a choice can be quite hard especially with the number of models available in the market. So we made sure that you get to check out the models that made it to the list of the best recumbent exercise bikes under 500 before making a decision on which bike to buy.
Best Recumbent Exercise Bikes under $500 Review
ProForm 325 CSX Exercise Bike
If you want an interactive and a more creative experience when exercising, the ProForm 325 CSX Exercise Bike is worth checking out. It comes with a 1-year iFit membership so you can easily create or download any route across the globe that you want to have while you workout. It has a 300 lb weight capacity and comes with a tablet holder, round watts LED display and stereo speakers that let you connect any device for music.
This features a seat with a chair-like and recumbent design for excellent lumbar support and ergonomic pedals with adjustable straps for comfortable pedaling. It comes with 22 workout apps and 20 digital resistance levels that you can choose from. It also has dual EKG pulse grips for easy and quick vitals monitoring.
- 1 year of iFit membership included. Download any map you want across the globe and enjoy the amazing experience while working out
- Easily adjustable workout, unit comes with 20 digital resistance levels, 22 workout apps
- Comes with tablet holder, LED display, stereo speakers for entertainment and convenience
- Recumbent chair-like seat for solid lumbar support
- Ergonomic pedals with adjustable straps
- Transport wheels for mobility
- Assembly is a bit challenging
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike Exercise Bike with Digital Monitor
Definitely an excellent buy for its price, the Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike Exercise Bike with Digital Monitor is a good investment for fitness enthusiasts. This lets you enjoy comfortable, quick and enduring workouts through its wide bike seat and mesh back support. It has an easily mountable step-through design and wide foot pedals equipped with straps for easy and convenient use.
This also features two seat-level pulse sensors that can easily be gripped while working out. These ergonomic handlebars will help you execute your movements at ease. It comes with a color performance monitor that lets you track distance, speed, calories burned, pulse, wattage, and rotation per minute. This console also lets you adjust and set your resistance throughout your workout.
This comes with 8-levels of magnetic resistance so you can easily fine-tune your intensity. You also get to have a tablet holder and transportation wheels for convenience and better transport mobility.
- Wide bike seat, mesh back support, wide foot pedals and mountable step-through design for excellent comfort and support
- Pulse grips with seat-level pulse sensors for monitoring and improved balance
- Performance console for easy vitals and progress tracking plus resistance setting
- Transport wheels for easy moving and transfer
- Tablet holder for entertainment
- Pedals sometimes produce clunking noise over time
Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
This amazingly lets you dual track through a two LCD window system with 13 different display feedbacks. It has a USB port, goal tracking and data export features to make sure you stay in tune with your fitness goals. It provides the option to choose among 2 user settings, 22 workout programs and 20 levels of resistance. This has a high-speed high-inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for a quiet and smooth workout.
You can rely on the Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike’s vented seat bottom and contoured leg area for better comfort. It has a large vented seat back for a cool and optimal lumbar support and a slider seat rail system to make operating the lever system easier. It also has a fan, speakers, oversized crossbar tubing and transport wheels for added stability, convenience and mobility.
- Two LCD window system with 13 different display feedback for monitoring
- 22 resistance levels, 22 workout programs for workout versatility
- Well-vented seat bottom and back plus contoured leg area for a cool and well-supported workout
- Slider seat rail system for easy maneuvering
- Transport wheels for added mobility
- Oversized crossbar tubing for better balance and stability
- Loud clicking sound may appear if not assembled properly
Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
This is a great choice for those who want their workouts maximized. The Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike makes available challenging cardiovascular workouts while reducing back and joint stress. This features an 8 level magnetic tension control system to accommodate your varying workout intensity needs.
This features an oversized seat cushion and backrest for quick seat and easy adjustments. It can accommodate up to 300 lbs weight capacity. It also comes with an LCD display that shows the distance, speed, time, calories burned, scan and heart rate for easy tracking. This includes hand pulse sensors and a folding waterproof PVC equipment mat for noise reduction and floor protection. Its V-belt drive and precision balanced flywheel makes working out quieter. And lastly, this comes with transportation wheels for easy transfers and movements.
- Eight-level magnetic tension control system for varied workout intensity
- Oversized seat cushion and backrest for comfortable adjustments
- Hand pulse monitor and LCD computer for easy vital tracking and progress monitoring
- V-belt drive and flywheel for quiet exercise
- Wheels for easy transportation and mobility
- Lacks back support
Working out and investing in fitness does not have to be expensive. With these models, you can get reliable and high performing equipment without breaking the bank. These have been tried and tested by fitness enthusiasts and it is up to you to check out the details we mentioned in our reviews to determine which one works best for you. Health is wealth so whatever investment we make, we add up to our well-being. Make sure to go for one with a solid build and useful features for the best results.